Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kick in the Pants

I've given myself the proverbial kick in the pants to get back into a regular cardio excercise habit, and so in that spirit, and to help me stay motivated, I've ordered new kicks - cuz, really what helps you stay motivated more than making sure you get your money's worth after paying a buttload (in my eyes) for a brand new pair of Nike Frees? :)

Feast your eyes...



These should be arriving at my door by the end of the day today and I can't be more excited. My sister has had a pair for awhile now and LOVES them - she even wore them in her half marathon.



I think watching her race a few weeks ago made me miss the days I used to run. Don't get me wrong, I hate running. BUT I used to run a lot and did some 5Ks here and there and even a triathlon once (when I was a younger, 15-pound lighter, more athletic me) and I like the competition aspect of it. Not competition with other people mind you, but being in competition with myself. Like I'd find myself thinking, "There's no way I'm gonna be able to finish this", and then finishing it; or "There's no way I'm going to be able to do this in such-and-such amount of time", and then TOTALLY beating that time and feeling so proud of myself...know what I mean?

So I've decided to sign up for some local races. I have a 5K coming up this Saturday, and I think I'm going to sign up for a triathlon in July and duathlon in August (on my birthday!). Here's hopin I don't die after the first leg of the swims :)

And you know,  it's a good thing I ordered my new shoes, too - my old running shoes have started to disintegrate and the rubber sole on the bottom has come apart from the shoe. It is now flapping more than my turkey wing underarms when I wave hello (and they wave goodbye back).

So I'm in the process of training for these events and looking forward to any physical sveltness that may come about as a result :) haha. Really, my goals are just finishing the races and simply being healthier, but hey, if a tighter buttocks and shapelier legs happen along the way that's fine by me too :)

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...