Thursday, June 9, 2011

On the Road Again

Well, I did it! I completed my first 5K in a looong time. And I have to say, I felt better for this one than I did the last one, which was about 4 years ago.

Plus it definitely helped that I had my half-marathon-runnin sister there with me, running alongside me every step of the way. When I was slowing down or out of breath, she knew just exactly what to say and the exact right time say it...Is physical education a great career for her or what? :)


Oh, and these helped too. I LOVE my new sneakers!


Here's a picture my supportive hubby snapped of me just before crossing the finish line:


I'm the one in pink, number 312, in case you couldn't figure it out :)

The clock reads 33 minutes and 32 seconds, but by the time I actually crossed the finish (the blue mats) my final finish time was 33:33. Which is, A-cool cuz I like repetition of numbers :), haha, and B-cool because I wanted to come in under 34 minutes...and I did! :)

34 minutes was the worst time I can recall coming in at when running 5Ks in college. Since I'm just getting back into running now, I wanted, at the very least, to beat my worst time...and I did! So I'm proud of that, haha :)

Next up, this bad boy:


That's right. I officially registered to compete in the Harrisburg triathlon (.8 mile swim, 14.5 mile bike ride, and 5K run) on July 10 and I have one month until then...so wish me luck! :)
Have a Happy Thursday and a great rest of the week/weekend!
~Amy

p.s. Some of my recent posts haven't been house/DIY/or decorationg-related posts. But hopefully you, my wonderful readers, will allow me to shoot off on other tangients every now and then like documenting trips, camping, getting back into running, and other things that take precedence at various moments in my life. I don't want to focus soley on our house 24/7 because I don't live my life soley in my house 24/7 :) It is my opinion that being well-rounded in life, (as in blogging) is what makes a person's life full and fun.

Thanks for coming along with me on this ride!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...