Friday, September 16, 2011

What a Trip!


Perhaps the photo below, from my last post about our yardsale, was a bit of foreshadowing on my part...


...because as the first pic of this post illustrates, my honey and I just got back from a WONDERFUL early anniversary vacation to the Cayman Islands! (our anniv. is actually Oct. 10th).



Look at that view!

Here's a pic of where we stopped for lunch as soon as our plane touched down on the island (and we'd picked up our rental car).


The beach was right behind this cafe and we sat on the deck and soaked up the incredible view. I tried to get it in this shot, but along with the sign, I couldn't get a wide enough angle.

But don't fret, here's a beach pic. This was our first day on the beach:



We stayed at Morritt's Tortuga Club at the far East End of the island. Here's our building where our room was:



That picture was taken from the parking lot (obviously) but our room had a secluded pool view that was so serene.

Here we were eating lunch at Rum Point where we snorkeled and swam with 3 resident sting rays!



The dock at Rum Point

In the photo below, do you see that HUGE cloud seemingly touching the water? That was a brilliant storm with lightening over Georgetown (the island's main town where the cruise ships dock) yet it was gorgeously sunny where we were sitting. We watched God's show in awe - so cool!


The Caymans are known as one of THE best places to snorkel, and we were not disappointed. Such color and beauty below water was beyond my imagination. We saw fish and sea life of every kind, including a barracuda!!


We stayed on Grand Cayman, the largest of the three islands that make up the Caymans. The others are Cayman Brac (second largest) and Little Cayman (the smallest).


Our resort had these hammocks resting in the sand throughout the beach. They were so inviting, calling out to us, "Come sit. Take a load off, relax, and enjoy the view."


My camera had this cool panoramic feature that I didn't even know about til I was playing around with it while on our trip, which I'd say was quite well-timed because what better place to take a panorama photo than the Caribbean?! :)



This next photo is one of my two favorite photos from our vacation (the other one is of my modest hubby, who won't let me post it because he's in his swimsuit - so cute).

We stopped at the famous site of the Ten Sails Wreck (which occurred in the 1700s) and I was standing at the memorial stone when Mike snapped this from a platform he was standing on behind me.


If you look out to the horizon just right of where I'm standing, you might be able to make out a few small black specks sticking up out of the water. Pretty sure that's part of the wreck, still visible more than 200 years later. I say 'pretty sure' cuz it's pretty far out there and we never made it out to see it. Although while there, we saw a waverunner excursion head out to the site - that's probably a GREAT snorkel spot too!

I'll leave you with this eye candy -  a photo mike took of his mimosa one morning at sunrise. Yup, we woke up super early one morning and made sure we watched the sun come up out of the ocean. I can sum it up in one word...Spectatular.


Although I was sad when our vaction ended and it was time to fly back to Pennsylvania, I was also glad to arrive home and say, "Welcome!" to Fall (my favorite season you know). Yesterday was the first time this season I broke out my fleece for our walk. YAY! :)

Thanks for checking in today. I've got some more DIY projects, Rec room planning progress, and other home-related posting goodness in store for my upcoming posts. See you back here then, and enjoy your weekend!!

~Amy

2 comments:

  1. Loved your Morritt's pics - will be there next June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Can you believe they were all taken on a cell phone?! You can't take a bad pic in the Carribbean :) I hope you enjoy your trip there as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...