Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all!

I finally put out some Fall decorations after seeing some blogland inspiration.

This one came from Thrifty Decor Chick. She used clear glass Ball jars but I have a TON of these blue glass ones I inherited from my grandma's extensive collection. She had so many, my mom even has a ton too :)


There are little battery tea lights in each of the jars sitting on top of the candy corn. It looks so cool at night! Also like TDC, I don't touch candy corn - BLECH. So this is a nice display w/out the worry of eating it all! ;)


These are cute little tin ornaments I found at a random craft store a few years ago.


Here's our mantel decorated for Fall. It'll probably get a spookier makeover come Halloween, but for right now I like its simple statement:


The TV obviously is what takes center stage above our fireplace mantel, but adding the pumpkin-colored garland and gold & red accents helps Fall-ify things :)

On the left, I spray painted that wooden letter S gold, and the picture of the red church with the iron gate is a photo taken and shared by The Lettered Cottage. Layla used it in her fall mantle display last year.

Here's the console cabinet decked out in some new duds:


It used to look like this:


See that basket on the top, left shelf and how it's missing a weave near the bottom? Yeah, Winston decided to do that one day. And then another day he decided to destroy the entire basket all together. grrrrrr

So I bought some new, inexpensive baskets from Christmas Tree Shops and replaced the old baskets and metal bins. I like the cohesive look much better now. Thanks Winston??  :)


The console's other new duds are my cutie-patootie pillow pumkins:


I like seeing the three of them sitting there in a row :)

On our dining table I put some faux gourds and leaves in a huge apothecary jar I won at an auction (only 12 bucks baby!) and some of our cork collection in my dollar store hurricane vases.



Just the other day I was looking through the corks (some of them are labeld, some aren't) and I saw the one we labled "new house 2009" from the night we closed on this joint and popped a bubbly bottle to celebrate.

It made me smile remembering that we sipped our champagne while simultaneously tearing out the horrible pink carpet and scrubbing the floors :)



I'm linking this post up tomorrow to Layla's "It's Fall Y'all" mantle linky party !


Happy Fall Ya'll! :)
~Amy

The Lettered Cottage

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have fall touches through out. I love the idea of the miniature pumpkins in the large glass jars....so, so cute!!
    -april

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...